Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Firsts for Our Family

I had intended to post this yesterday but my to do list was a mile long and my family and home-keeping comes first. So this may seem like old news but our Easter was made up with a lot of firsts for our family and thought I would share them with you.


It was our first Easter living in Kansas away from all our family. It was also our first Easter at a new church.



It was the first Easter where I was responsible for the ENTIRE meal. I was a little intimidated having the weight of an expensive piece of meat on my shoulders but I guess with ham, unless you overcook it and dry it out, you really can't mess it up.


It was the first time I attempted making a pie crust. I wanted my Grandma's recipe but I couldn't get a hold of her in time. I used this recipe instead from AllRecipes.com. If you have a great pie recipe you use feel free to send it to me. It turned out okay for my first try but I made it a little thick. I know to roll it more for next time!

We also started something new with the egg hunt. I added scripture verses into the eggs that were about Christ's death, burial and resurrection. Eian put them in the order they happened. Since he's 10 I had to come up with something challenging for him. He seemed to like it and it helped me by writing out all the verses and bringing the Scriptures closer to my heart. I would have typed them but the computer was acting up and processing slowly. I appreciate writing them now though. :)

Although I missed being near extended family, it was nice spending some much needed family time with my three guys. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!


This post is linked to Titus 2sday

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the scripture in the eggs idea!

Christina said...

Wow, I'm impressed with doing an Easter dinner. I've been married 15 years and have yet to make a turkey:) The scripture in the eggs is a great idea. Blessings on your day!

Tiffany said...

I love the idea of putting verses in the eggs - that is wonderful! And your pie looks delicious to me!
Be Blessed.
~Tiffany