Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Hubby Turned 40!

So my husband David is officially an OLD man robbing the cradle with me as his lovely wife! It's hard to believe how fast time has flown and that he's now 40 and we have been together for nearly 9 years! No really I tease when I call him old because to me, age really is just a number. It's what's inside a person that really matters and what's inside them that makes them young or old.

Still though, I felt extreme pressure to make David's 40th a great birthday. Most people who know Daivid, know he's hard to buy for and really doesn't have a lot of wants or needs. The only thing I could come up with that he really wanted was to see his mom. David's job situation has made it difficult financially to afford the gas to drive 4 hours to Ohio and visit her. So her and I conspired together to surprise him with a visit from her. Geesh, he's no fun! He called me from work the day she was "sneaking" in and asked if she was here yet! He suspected the whole time. Oh well, I know he enjoyed having her here and that's all that matters.

Lack of funds made it difficult to go out and buy him this super great gift so Eian and I did the next best thing.... a homeade (with the help of Pilsbury)strawberry cake (isn't it lovely?),






a handmade card with some of my scrapbooking supplies,















and a customized crown fit for a KING!








The King & His Queen!



Dad and His Boy!




Happy Birthday Sweetie, we love you!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

A 'home made' birthday is the best! And your hubby looks like he had a wonderful day celebrating his day! What a blessed man he is to have you as his help meet. :)

That cake looks yummy! :-)

I am glad everything went well! My hubby turns 30 in March and I don't know what I will do for that. Well who knows, maybe the Lord will come back before then and I won't have to wrack my brain for ideas. :-)

Hope you are having a blessed weekend!

~Dawn

Kim said...

I love how you did everything yourselves and brought his mom for a visit as his gift. Very touching and truly meaningful. Happy birthday to your hubby!

Anonymous said...

Happy (late) birthday, David!