Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Favorite Appetizer Recipes

I was curious, did any of you try new recipes this Christmas that are now mainstays? If so, it'd be so cool if we could all share either by comment on this post or post your own on your blog. Just link back to me so I can come check it out! I'm always looking for new recipes to try!

I don't know if any of you visit Kraft Foods for recipes. It's one of my favorite sites. All their recipes usually use ingredients I already have or are easy to get and for the most part they're pretty quick and simple. Quick and simple is crucial in this house!

So for Christmas I wanted to have some appetizers while the rest of the Christmas dinner was baking but I needed something simple but tasty and I found two!

Creamy Crab Dip and Spinach & Artichoke Dip. They were both sooo good. You'll have to go to the Kraft website to get the recipes but I'll share with you my substitutions and omissions.

Creamy Crab Dip
The only changes to mine were omitting the shredded cheese, switching out the green onions with 1/2 cup regular yellow onion, and using imitation crab (not by choice, price won) instead of the canned stuff. I was skeptical about the Grey Poupon at first but it really gave it the zing it needed. Oh it was sooo good. We served this with the Town House Toppers Garlic & Herb crackers.

Spinach & Artichoke Dip
We made this just as is but served it with tortilla chips. I was craving the dip from TGIFridays and this was definitely a very close runner up!

I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds scrumptious! I get the Kraft food magazine. I like it too and most often I can switch out the store brand for the more expensive Kraft ingredient. I also tend to tweak recipes to suit our tastes or budget.
I didn't make any thing new this year. With all the sickness I just couldn't get in the mood for it. I did make my homemade cinnamon and carmel rolls for Christmas. We will be having an appetizer night on New Years Eve so I will be making some stuff then. Maybe I can post a recipe this week or next.

littletoesandcheerios said...

I'll have to try them!

*I live about 2 1/2 hours south of Columbus...small world!

momstheword said...

I did not do any new recipes this year, just old favorites. Thanks for the headsup on the Duggars. I think it's amazing that they have so many kids!

Anonymous said...

Mmm...Yummy! I love spinach dips! Nice to hear from you again! It seems I've been 'away' for so long and just haven't kept up with my bloggin buddies! Hope all is going great for you and your family!

Blessings!
Lori @ beyondthegarden.org