Monday, February 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

It's Menu Plan Monday again already. I have to say that so far (it's only week 2 though) I look forward to Monday's because it's when I get to share my meal plan with all of you! It was time consuming to go grocery shopping Saturday (6 stores in 4 hours, but NO kids!) because I had specific things I needed and they were on sale at certain locations. The good news though is all the stores I went to are only 2-3 miles from one another so it's not like I was wasting money on gas or it would not have been worth it! I think I did pretty good. I spent $132.00 for two weeks worth of groceries!

I went ahead and made a menu plan for two weeks instead of just one for the simple fact of saving time and less trips to the store means less cash coming out of my pocket! It felt good and a weight was lifted. I guess just knowing what you're eating for two weeks and knowing that you're saving money by going to the store with a plan makes a huge difference!

So here is what our dinners look like for the next two weeks:
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches with Curly Fries
Chili and salad
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Chicken Quesadillas with Spanish Rice
Tater Tot Casserole & Salad
Chicken Pot Pie
Stir Fry
Sloppy Joe's with fries and veggies
Herb baked chicken thighs w/ garlic,parsley & butter noodles with broccoli
Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
Pizza
Hamburger Helper (what can I say, I need an easy one at least one night of the week!)
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Soup
As you can see I haven't added which days we're eating what, like I did last week. I kind of just pick what will work for us on which nights. For example, I don't pick something like Chicken Pot Pie that takes 45 minutes to bake, when I know we have church, play dates, appointments, etc.
So there you have it! I hope to link to my recipes once I get some added.

3 comments:

littletoesandcheerios said...

It's so good to stay a step ahead! Sounds like you did a great job!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Sounds like great midwest cuisine to me. Some of my faves!
Are you planning a recipe blog?

Stacy Tilton said...

Look at you, you make a good idea even better! I did good with my meal plan last week. I need to start your idea of two weeks though. Only problem is I never know till the Friday before what nights Everett will be joining us for dinner.