Friday, April 22, 2011

Consume and Be Consumed

I normally would be typing a money saving post to link up to Frugal Friday's over at Life As Mom. However, instead of sharing what I'm learning about saving money I want to share how I am already rich!
Thanks to Jessica at Life as Mom for setting the "tone" with her great post here.


It's Good Friday and I was reading this morning about the Lord's Last Supper in Mt 26:26-30, Mark 14:22-25 and Luke 22:17-20. They are verses I've heard numerous times, especially at communion, but it wasn't until this morning that the Lord really allowed me to see the fullness of the dinner's symbollism.

In verse 26 Jesus broke the bread (just as I'm sure physically His bones were broken during His beating* after I posted this I remembered from John 19:26 that not one of Christ's bones were actually broken-sorry for the mistake*) and He gave thanks for it and gave it to His disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."





26:27-29 Then He took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them saying, "Drink from it,all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink anew with you in my Father's kingdom."

Again, these are familiar verses but what really choked me up was Christ's words, "Take and eat." "Drink from it, all of you."


What is it we do when we eat, when we drink? We consume.


God wants us to accept the freedom the Gospel truth offers and consume it. He will in turn consume us, our very souls, and lead us to victory over sin.


Will you consume the truth of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection this Easter and let the Lord consume you?



Become rich with the greatest treasure this life has to offer, a relationship with God.

No comments: