Monday, January 26, 2009

Menus Plan Monday


It's my first week back to meal planning and I'm kinda excited. I guess it makes me feel like I have a little control in my crazy life!! No really I'm mainly anxious to get back into it because I won't have to stress about forgetting to leave something out for dinner and wondering what I'm going to make and the added bonus is saving some green! I used to be a meal planner and a weekend cooker which meant on I would make enough meals for the week and freeze some and leave the rest for leftovers through the week. I got away from cooking all day because it was a lot of work! I think though if I plan out simple, low cook time recipes that will take a lot of pressure off. Do you know how stressful it is to come home with two starving kids (and I mean ravenous and I give them snacks to eat on the way home!) and I can never seem to pull in the driveway before 6pm?
So my stressful days are over thanks to the encouragement of the ladies who are involved in Meal Plan Mondays!
So enough talk, here's my menu:
Monday: Pot Roast in crock
Tuesday: Ham, Cheese, Potato, and Broccoli bake
Wednesday: "Crazy Dinner" It's my son's way of saying we're having breakfast for dinner. He loves it!
Thursday: Herb Roasted Chicken thighs, butter & parsley egg noodles, and veggies
Friday: I don't have anything here yet because I have to go to the store really bad! We'll probably have pizza!
I'll try to post pics and recipes after I make them. Have a great start to your week ladies!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I meal plan even though I am home all day. I find that if I don't it gets to be 5:00 and I don't have a clue what we are going to eat. It makes the evenings too stressful. Your meals sound great and yummy!

momstheword said...

I do not do OAMC but I do freeze and extra meal or two. I also love my crockpot. I am gone 3 afternoons a week and I don't get home till about 5:45.

Some of my family members have to leave the house by 6:20 so that doesn't leave me much time to get dinner going so I have to plan ahead.

More Than Words said...

This is something I need to start doing too! Dinner doesn't have to be so stressful for me!! LOL

Stephanie said...

The Ham,Cheese,potato and broccoli bake sounds good. I can't wait to see the recipe!!

Laura said...

Welcome to MPM!! Thanks for joining us!!

Laura