Monday, February 14, 2011

Random Updates

So my title pretty much sums up the body of my post, totally random stuff. It is 2 am here and I DID not plan this post at all. My brain is hyped up on girly movies (it is officially Valentine's Day ya know) that I couldn't seem to stop watching and the encouraging call I had with my sister. Oh and I should probably blame the dark chocolate cupcakes for my staying up late as well. Just passin the buck, I know!!

So here's an update on a couple things...

Elias's ears are getting better thanks to ear drops and amoxycillin. Each day that goes by less and less goop is found. David heads out to KS soon to find us a place to live, check out Eian's school, and meet his new boss and co-workers at the base. I am so excited for him! Eian and I continue to plug away at trying to keep things normal, normal, normal around here. He and I are so much alike it's scary sometimes!

Unfortunately, the normalcy will be ending starting tomorrow. I have to start packing! Yes, I am ashamed to say that we have a week and half before the big move and I've yet to begin packing! Not real sure why I keep putting it off. Oh I know, packing stinks! Who really likes taking items you are used to seeing everyday, or better yet, use everyday and putting them away in boxes? I've yet to meet someone who enjoys it. Also, maybe it's a little of having to finally admit that THIS (moving to Kansas) is really happening.

Now don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that God has given David a permanent, stable position after all he went through, but I was really liking it here. But I've had to soul search, and after much thinking , realized that as long as I stay focused on the Lord and our family is together, it doesn't really matter where we are.

No comments: