Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Latest Niece Update

Yay! I get two days off! Eian's school has fall break/ teacher conferences tomorrow and Friday. I had time left to burn before the end of the year and I'm so glad I reserved the time off. I never knew over a month ago when I put my request in that we would have my little niece living with us. It's true that she has been a wonderful addition to our home and am grateful for the opportunity to help her, my brother and to serve the Lord in this way. However, this wonderful blessing has not come without some growing pains, so to speak. My husband, son and I have all felt the pressure of a hectic schedule as we arrange for her supervised visits with her dad, giving up space and just re-configuring our routines in general.

So with all that said... a two day break is definitely welcomed! I say all of this gingerly because I certainly do not want to seem as if I am complaining or trying to get a pity party! I guess I'm posting this to vent a little and ask for prayers. Please pray for continued guidance, patience, meekness (oooh... I just learned the true Biblical meaning for this recently & I'll share more on this later!) for all of us and that God will be glorified though this. Pray that He keeps us humble and we recognize our need to rely on Him to see us through. Pray that all of my family involved will have their hearts opened and that their innermost being would be stirred by the Lord.

Thank you so much to all of you who have prayed so far. The next hurdle in this journey is coming this Friday. We will be having a 4 hour in home inspection. I'm not real sure what to expect other than I know he'll ask tons of questions and look over the mound of paperwork he asked us to fill out and go through and jot items in the house he wants corrected to make our home "child-safe". I'm trying real hard to remember God's in control because my biggest fear is that they find some reason for my niece not to stay here. I don't know why because it's not like my home's extremely filthy and we have the room for her (well we created room for her that is). So I will be praying about this in the morning and ask God to help me to trust Him. It's so easy for us to praise Him one day and then next day question Him when we're fearful, isn't it?

Anyway, we all felt a need to reconnect with one another and have some family time. So we're going an hour north to the sleepy little town my Grandma lives in. It's been awhile since we visited and she's just thrilled to have us. We'll just be going up for the day. So we're all looking forward to getting out of our normal environment for a day.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings and I hope to post up a storm this extended weekend! I have all kinds of posts drafted but not finished because it's just too hard to find time during the week. So stay tuned for more blogginess....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be praying that all will go well with your niece and the inspection that is to take place.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment! I hope you come back soon!

Mrs Salas said...

HI NEW TO YOUR BLOG AND LOVE IT, I CAME ACROSS IT ON SUNNY'S BLOG AND WHAT A WONDERFUL ADVENTURE THIS WILL BE TO SHARE THIS STUDY WITH YOU!!

GOD BLESS YOU